where the heart is

home is where the heart is or so they say. it`s true though. after weeks in hospital,the first few days drowsy with all the pain killers and the fear, home felt so far away it seemed impossible ever to go back. now that i am back, i need to learn almost everything new.that is not always easy, but it is so worth it.
the titanscrews in my back are unfamiliar, i have to get used to them, used to walking straight without limping,used to relaxing my shoulders, used to having faith in my body. the doctor said " i`m not giving you a new back, i am repairing the one fate gave you " so easy, so hard.
at home, things are difficult. i need a lot of help,but every day brings new achievements. small steps, every day more steps.
the sun is shining for me and the colours of the leaves are beautiful.my son combing my hair is beautiful. the first shower after the hospital was beautiful, the warm water pouring down my skin, the steam, the smell of the lovely shower cream someone gave me. all new.

Comments